Sunday, October 21, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 21 - START




Today is Day 21 of the "write31days" challenge.  Once again I am linking up with Kate Motaung for the FMF free writes.  Be sure to check out each day's post here.


Many days it is so hard to start my day.  Restless nights and lack of sleep find me trying to just roll over and go back to sleep...

Perhaps from the mental stress I am under most of the time as caregiver for my husband who has dementia.  Once I go to bed and lay my head on the pillow, my mind starts thinking of a million things...

Most of which can't be solved late at night when I am tired and ready to sleep!

Many days when I wake up too early, I can lay back down to a little bit more rest.  And, it feels so good to feel rested.

Other days I am awakened before I really want to be up; and it's hard to get back to sleep.

So, I just get up!

Perhaps I need a better way to start my day?

Most days I have no real plans!  I can do what I want, when I want.  And, I'm happy to be able to do that.  So, if I want to head back to bed and start my day a little later, that's OK.

But, if I were to start my day in a different way?

Spend some quiet time...

Perhaps a short devotion; read a verse or two in the Bible; pray and journal?

I wonder if that would give me a better start to the day?



Perhaps...

It is worth a try.  So, I will find a devotion book and see what new habits I can start...



Funny...these posts are called "words of encouragement";

Yet, it seems most days I am the one being encouraged...

By the One who has put these thoughts into my head!

Thank you, God!

Meet me in the morning for "our time"!



No comments:

Post a Comment