Tuesday, October 16, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 16 - PRAY




Today is Day 16 of the "write31days" challenge.  Once again I am linking up with Kate Motaung for the FMF free writes.  Be sure to check out each day's post here.


Psalm 102:1-2 [A prayer of one whose Life is falling to pieces and who lets God know just how bad it is!]  "God, listen!  Listen to my prayer, listen to the pain in my cries.  Don't turn your back on me just when I need you so desperately.  Pay attention!  This is a cry for help!  And hurry - this can't wait!"

The "title" for this psalm ("A prayer for one whose life is falling to pieces...") is so appropriate for this prayer, isn't it?!

Do you ever feel this way?  That God isn't listening to your prayers?  That your prayer request is so important, it just can't wait?

Things happen that we have no control over.  Our life changes with just a phone call; in a matter of minutes, someone is lost to us, or our life is no longer the way it was before that call.


PRAY hardest when it is hardest to pray!

And if we become so distraught that we don't know how to pray, what words to say, remember that God will send the Holy Spirit to bring our prayers to Him.



{I was in the process of writing this post on Monday, October 8th.  Before I could finish it, I received a call from a someone about a very special friend that did not show up to work tonight and was found dead.  This was a hard one for me.  And we haven't spoken in a couple of weeks.  Makes me wonder what our last conversation was?

Friends, let's make sure we check on each other...often!  Let's make sure our "loved ones" know without a shadow of a doubt that we love them!  Let's pray for each other, even if we don't know prayer is needed...you just never know what tomorrow or even the next moment holds.}





No comments:

Post a Comment