Wednesday, October 17, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 17 - PAUSE




Today is Day 17 of the "write31days" challenge.  Once again I am linking up with Kate Motaung for the FMF free writes.  Be sure to check out each day's post here.


In the midst of our daily activities, I think it's necessary to pause and take a look at our life.

I don't do this often enough!

I don't take the time to pause and think about the ones who have meant so much to me along my journey.

I need to.

Today, I grieve a good man.  One who has meant a lot to the communities of two different churches.

He was a big help to me when I was church secretary at one of the churches.

He was a father, brother, son, "uncle", and friend to many.

He was a leader at both churches, serving in many capacities throughout the years.

Today I pause and remember how his life touched mine and my families:

His help in planning and celebrating the wedding of my oldest daughter.

The phone call from him as I sat at my desk in the church office, alone...and he told me what had happened on that Tuesday morning of September 11th.

His wealth of information and help in planning the services for my father, my grandfather, and my mother.

Today...

I pause.

Today...

I remember.

When Jesus found it necessary, He went to a quiet place, to seek God's guidance.  To pause and pray.



In times of need, take the time to seek God's guidance as well.  To pause and pray, as Jesus did.




God is always there to hear our prayers.  He doesn't take time to pause:

"...God doesn't come and go.  God lasts. He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.  He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch His breath..."  (Isaiah 40:27 Message).

God is there for us:

"...He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength...But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.  They spread their wings and sour like eagles, they run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind."  (Isaiah 28-31 Message).

Today I remember.

Today I pause.



1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss. ((((hugs))))
    Pausing during hurting times is such a helpful thing to do (for me).
    I like the message version of Isaiah 40:27b: "He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch His breath." I so sooooo grateful fr His everlasting Help.

    ReplyDelete