Saturday, October 20, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 20 - AUDIENCE




Today is Day 20 of the "write31days" challenge.  Once again I am linking up with Kate Motaung for the FMF free writes.  Be sure to check out each day's post here.


The other morning I turned on my phone and tried to get into Facebook to check if I had any (important) notifications.

The feed spun round and round, attempting to load the data, but to no avail.

Finally, I received this message:

"Sorry, this content isn't available right now.  This post may have expired, or it may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

Have you ever been left out of an important message, or notification?  What audience must I be a part of in order to received these notifications?!

In the Message translation of Psalm 18:6, the psalmist cries to God:

"A hostile world!  I call to God, I cry to God to help me.  From his palace He hears my call; my cry brings me right into His presence - a private audience."

Even if we can't get to our notifications on the phone, our cries to God...our prayers...reach God in His Heavenly palace where He waits for us to call out to Him!

As we come before God with our prayers, He becomes our one and only audience; and we become His audience as we wait for His answer to our cries.

We go about our every day lives not knowing who is listening.  What we say, as well as what we do, is being heard and watched.

Who is your audience?  Who is listening when you are talking?

Sometimes we may never know!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful that God is always listening, always inviting us to be with Him.

    ReplyDelete