Monday, October 1, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 1 - STORY





Today is Day 1 of the "write31days" challenge.  Once again I am linking up with Kate Motaung for the FMF free writes.  Be sure to check out each day's post here.


All of us need encouragement.  No matter what we are attempting to do, we need others to give us encouragement to continue along our journey.


Encouragement can be found in many different places and from many different people!


When facing the "hard" in my own life, I find just the right words popping up on Facebook or a scripture I've read or seen in a daily inspiration.


Even the words shared by a friend in a simple conversation can give encouragement when needed!


Encouragement!


It goes a long way in helping us as we are journeying through our "whatevers" in life.


Maybe you are caring for a family member, as I do for my husband.


Maybe you are a young, single mother, filling the roles of both mother and father; your husband is away for his job, deployed in military service, or you are divorced or widowed.


Perhaps you are a young college student or a recent graduate, trying to make it in the career path of your choice, wondering if you made the right choice.


I could go on and on and on...


But the point is, no matter where you find yourself in this journey of life, words of encouragement can be so helpful.




My story may not be yours!  I am no expert!  I don't know all of the answers.  My life is taken one day at a time.  My journey is hard, a day to day walk as I learn along the way.

I need the same encouragement as others for me to continue along my journey.


I pray any encouragement I can give through the sharing of my story may be of some help to you on your journey.


Jesus used "parables" (or stories) to teach the disciples.  He encouraged them as they accompanied Him on His journey, learning day by day.


"Then Jesus told His disciples a parable..." (Luke 18 NIV)


My strength comes from One far greater and far knowledgeable than I could ever hope to be.  Through His stories, Jesus guides the disciples on their life's journey.


In a recent sermon, our young minister shared these words:


"Our words are useless if we keep them to ourselves.  Our words and our faith are useless if we don't share with others."


My hope is to share my story as well as my faith, in order to bring encouragement to others.





6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your Story! Thanks for stopping by and your encouraging words!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome, Colletta! I am excited to be reading some new posts that go along with the same words I am using...really a very challenging exercise. I did it in 2015 and 2016 but skipped last year. Decided I wanted to do it this year and loved the words when Kate posted. So, we will see how it goes!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Barbara, I am encouraged already! It's true that as we seek to encourage others, we need that same encouragement. May God provide exactly what we need as we write and share our stories. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you as well Gayl! Excited to see what we all have to say using the same words. Though the words may be the same, they will come together for each of us in a different and unique way. Glad to be joining again this year!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I love your story too! Keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! Appreciate your reading and commenting!

      Delete