Thursday, October 18, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 18 - SEARCH




Today is Day 18 of the "write31days" challenge.  Once again I am linking up with Kate Motaung for the FMF free writes.  Be sure to check out each day's post here.


I spend a part of many days searching for things...

The book I know I had...somewhere!

My cell phone...really?!  I do lay it down and forget where it is!

A certain piece of paper, or item for a craft project.

My drink...there's always something to drink in one of my cups; and I carry it with me from room to room.  It's easily misplaced!

More often it's searching for something I just saw on Facebook, that I have decided I need to save or write it down...

THEN, I spend hours searching for it again!

Sometimes, I am lucky enough to find it; other times, forget it!!

Minor things.  Right?!

Well, perhaps not so minor when you need that phone or want a sip of whatever is in the cup.

And, when ready to work on that project, I just can't put my hands on what I need or want.

Maybe it is a major thing?

But, when I am searching for answers to questions I just can't answer...

I reach out to the One who has all of the answers!

Do you think God searches for us?

The psalmist cries to Him many times:

"O Lord, you have searched me and known me!"  (Psalm 139:1 ESV).

"You search out my path and my laying down and are acquainted with all my ways."  (Psalm 139:3 ESV).


"Search me, O God, and know my heart.  Try me and know my thoughts!"  (Psalm 139:23  ESV).




What will God find when He searches your heart; your thoughts?



4 comments:

  1. Ah yes... the whole walking into a room and not knowing why you are there thing! That's happening to me too, now! LOL! I love how you took this for a turn at the end! So powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karrilee! It gets rather frustrating when we forget what we are searching for...today, as many days, I am searching for answers...like what am I suppose to do?! Or BE doing?! Relying on HIS wisdom and strength to pull me through this.

      Delete
  2. Glad God is acquainted with all my ways. I have the memory glitches too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I was acquainted with all the ways God wants me to be traveling. Struggling with the questions today as hubby recovers from a fall...nothing broken, thank God. But he is so much uglier and grumpier than when he is "normal"...thank you for reading and commenting. Please continue prayers for us. Thank you for sharing your memories and stories of your precious mother.

      Delete