Friday, October 12, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 12 - PRAISE {FMF}





Today is Day 12 of the "write31days" challenge.  It is the second of the FMF link-ups with Kate Motaung during the October challenge.


How does it make you feel to have someone praise or compliment something you really worked hard to make, or to write?!

It can be very encouraging, can't it?!

As a member of several groups on Facebook, I see a lot of that encouraging; praising or complimenting our craft items or our blog posts.  It really does encourage me to continue doing the things I really enjoy doing.

Can you imagine how encouraged a child or young person would be for their parents or teachers to actually praise them for their efforts?!

Think about that a moment!

Somehow, I think God is encouraged by our praises, too.  As if God really needed our encouragement!

Yet, I think God wants our praise!  Ther certainly are many examples of it in the Bible; especially in the Psalms.

Read this amazing praise in Psalm 150:

"Hallelujah!
Praise God in His holy house of worship,
Praise Him under the open skies;
Praise Him for his acts of power,
Praise Him for His magnificent greatness;
Praise with a blast on the trumpets,
Praise by strumming soft strings;
Praise Him with castanets and dance,
Praise Him with banjo and flute;
Praise Him with cymbals and a big bass drum,
Praise Him with fiddles and mandolin.
Let every living, breathing creature praise God!
Hallelujah!"

That's a lot of praise!  Can't you just hear that amazing band praising our Father in Heaven!!


One of my favorite songs by Casting Crowns has carried me through many of the storms of life; "I Will Praise You in this Storm"...

Close your eyes and just listen:



There are many storms that surround us, the physical weather storms as well as those internal struggles that may not be as apparent.  Yet, we are to be thankful and continue to praise God in these storms of life.

At all times...

Through all of the storms...

I will praise you, Lord!


2 comments:

  1. Love this song. I wrote about The doxology on my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting, Amanda! I love the doxology as well...haven't been home much the past few days; I need to catch up on reading everybody's posts! Will try to catch up in the next few days...also need to get a few more posts written to keep ahead!

      Delete