Saturday, October 20, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 19 - WHO {FMF}




Today is Day 19 of the "write31days" challenge.  It is the third of the FMF link-ups with Kate Motaung during the October challenge.

Who is your tribe?

Who makes up the circles around you?

Who do you call on when you are in need of help?

The first year I participated in the 31 days writing challenge, my topic was "31 Days of Dementia's Demands".  Check it out on my former blog here under the tab "31 Days".

On the 27th day of that series, I wrote "Find Your Tribe" and shared ways that help me cope on the journey.

Your tribe; your circle; those you call when in need...

These are the ones who are there for you in your times of need; to help share your burdens.

That's who your tribe is.

That's who is in your circle

That's who you turn to!

Click here to read all of the different ways I listed that help me cope while on this journey...

My journey didn't end when the 2014 Write 31 Days challenge ended.

It continues as my husband's dementia progressively gets worse.

Those same "who" are still among my tribe or in my circle; the who that I can call on when in need...

Yet, there is One who is greater than any of those others; the One who can give the strength and comfort needed along the journey, wherever that journey may take us.

Recently, I discovered The Passion Translation of the Bible, used by Karen Sebastian-Wirth in her blog posts.  I love how this passage in the psalms sounds:

"You draw near to those who call out to you, listening closely, especially when their hearts are true."  (Psalm 145:18)

God is there!  God is the one who hears our cries and listens closely to them...

God is our Who!



No comments:

Post a Comment