Friday, February 8, 2019

Write 28 Days - Day 8 - Night



At night, when the apartment is quiet and the TV is turned down to a lower level and the cat is napping on my lap and I am watching a show...

My thoughts tend to wander all over the place!


It's so quiet and peaceful and I can just let myself calm down...

But the thoughts still come.

Later, when I crawl into bed and settle in - hopefully for the night; or at least for a few hours - my mind continues to wander.

I think about what I should - or should not - have done.

I think about what I should - or should not - have said.

I think about how I am going to make it for just one more day with the uncertainties.

I think about where this journey is heading...

And, will we even "get there"?

It's dark outside - night.  It's dark inside - deep down inside my soul is dark as nightthinking about what will be...

But in the dark of night...

That's when I have my conversations with God.  And I know that He's got this!  Even though it doesn't seem like it, I know he has it in His hands; and in His timing.



Go to Write 28 Days 2019 for a list of all  posts for this challenge.


To check out my first Write 31 Days challenge from 2014, "31 Days of Dementia's Demands", go to Barbara's Blog.



6 comments:

  1. "Even though it doesn't seem like it, I know he has it in His hands; and in His timing." Amen, Barbara! I often pray at night, too. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have faith that this is so! Thank you for reading and commenting...I think it must take time for these comments to post?!

      Delete
  2. The uncertainties are hard ... and so are the certainties sometimes. I'm glad your night-time conversation with God brings peace in the midst of darkness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my conversations with God definitely help! I should do it more often!! Why do we always wait til we are so stressed out to finally do that?! Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  3. I’m right there with you Barbara! Even wrote about the same thing for my post! My night time voice is loud sometimes but I’m learning to mute it and listen for God’s still small voice instead. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I need to quiet my own voice or thoughts so I can listen to God's still small voice! Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete