Monday, February 4, 2019

Write 28 Days - Day 2 - Strive




Every morning I open my eyes and wonder what time it is.

Every morning I strive to get up and put a happy smile on my face; and get ready for the day.



I never know what the day will be like, or how tired I will feel from the worrying or stress, or even the lack of sleep.

But, I strive to make it the best day I can.

Living with one who has dementia isn't easy.

Communicating with one who has hearing loss isn't easy either.

But, that's my every day goal...

To strive to make it as good as possible.

I don't even want to strive for perfection...

Because I know I will fail!!

What I do is strive to improve day by day as I look back on the previous day.

How can I do that differently, I ask myself, so it doesn't blow up again?  What can I say or do to make it better, to improve what I said or did the last time.

And...

Would that even make it better??

Whether it does make it better;

Whether I improve or not...

The thing to do is to strive for better.

Perhaps that is all I can do anyway!



Go to Write 28 Days 2019 for a list of all  posts for this challenge.

To check out my first Write 31 Days challenge from 2014, go to Barbara's Blog.


4 comments: