Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Write 28 Days - Day 15 - Broken




I have heard my daughter refer to herself as being "broken", referring to something she feels isn't "right" about herself.

My life is broken!

It isn't the life I had planned.

I am not doing the things I wanted to be doing now that I am retired!

But, it isn't the things I want or wish for that makes me broken...

Mostly I think my heart is broken.

Not broken because of myself; but because of the pieces that are broken in my husband's brain...

The parts that dementia has taken from him.

Life will continue!  I know it will continue!  Life must continue!



Whatever may be broken can not necessarily be fixed.  But, as I live through the hard parts, even if I hit the very bottom, I will grow in strength and understanding.  I will grow in knowledge, learning more and more about this "disease".  I will learn how to handle things; or how not to handle them!

I will learn that no matter what, I will survive!  I will move forward...

I will continue to do things that I love to do; some including my husband and others without him...

But, I will continue!

Because I know that however broken I may be today...

Tomorrow is another day and "the sun is going to rise again."





Go to Write 28 Days 2019 for a list of all  posts for this challenge.

To check out my first Write 31 Days challenge from 2014, "31 Days of Dementia's Demands", go to Barbara's Blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment