Thursday, February 7, 2019

Write 28 Days - Day 5 - Accept




Accept.

Acceptance.

Some things we are confronted with in life are so hard to accept.

Take our journey with dementia...

When my husband went to get his driver's license renewed, he failed the eye test and was told he could not drive.

He is having a very hard time accepting it; and wants to do whatever it takes to get it back.

He is 80 years old.

He has dementia that is getting worse.

He does need a new pair of glasses; the ones he is wearing are a few years old.

He also has very bad hearing; and hearing aids are so darn expensive...

He is expecting a visit to his primary physician will put him on the road to getting his license back.

Things have actually been going fairly well with me doing all of the driving.  Well, I was anyway.  Mostly he drove himself to church on Sundays; and occasionally to the store down the street.

Whatever comes out of today's appointment, I will accept and move on to what must be done.

Perhaps my acceptance of it will help him to also accept it, knowing that I am in this with him instead of against him.

I understand it is not something he wants to do; but feel it is something that is so necessary.

So, today my thoughts are on accepting what will be...



And accept what is to come!


Go to Write 28 Days 2019 for a list of all  posts for this challenge.


To check out my first Write 31 Days challenge from 2014, "31 Days of Dementia's Demands", go to Barbara's Blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment