Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Word Wednesday - Unjoyful Joy




I have been on a journey...

One in which I am looking for joy in my life.

I have found many kinds of joy along the way.  And, I keep reminding myself that I do have a lot of joy in my life.

It just doesn't always feel that way!


This picture made me laugh out loud (that's LOL to some of you!)

Aren't they cute?  But, so not joyful.

In fact, I'd say they are quite joyless.


There are many times on my life's journey that I feel just like these three little ones.

Though I may outwardly show joy, as with the letters that spell it out, inside I am far from feeling joyful.

In fact, quite joy-less.

Actually, I try hard every day to have that happy, joyful smile on my face.  A lot goes on around me that causes me to feel so not joyful; but I don't want the world in on my little secret...

Deep inside I really am holding onto a lot of frustration and hurt that squashes my joy.  I just don't want what is on the inside coming out to ruin what can be a joyful one!

I look forward to all opportunities to drown myself in the joyful parts of life; and to share those times with my family and friends.

But, I also realize that joy-less-ness is not all that resides deep inside...

There's that knowledge that, however I feel, God's there for me.

And He will show me to the joy that will fill my life!



{This is just another post on my Word for the Year 2019 - joy.  Check out the others under the label "Word Wednesday."



No comments:

Post a Comment