Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Write 28 Days - Day 4 - Simmer





Like a kettle set on the stove to boil, my insides were slowly steaming with emotions.  If he says that one more time, I am going to literally boil over.

"Simmer Down" I told myself, as I turned and left the room.

Turn off the burner and let yourself simmer a little until it goes away...

Just a couple more days and the appointment will be here...

The one that (he thinks) will "fix everything"!

No, it will not be fixed!

He will no longer be able to drive.

His kettle will be boiling this time Thursday evening; if we even get out of the doctor's office without the explosion.

It's hard to keep the emotions inside when they are about to explode!  Sometimes it's hard to simmer down.  I let it build up and build up until it has to come out...

I've gotten better at just putting my head down and keeping it from bursting forth, usually in words hurled at him.

This journey gets harder and harder every day...

And, I think it's just begun.

I can't even begin to know how he must be feeling because he can't or won't share them with me.  Emotions are not part of his "personality".

The journey continues...

Am I ready for it?



Go to Write 28 Days 2019 for a list of all  posts for this challenge.


To check out my first Write 31 Days challenge from 2014, "31 Days of Dementia's Demands", go to Barbara's Blog.




6 comments:

  1. YOU ARE READY my STRONG friend! God is on your side. And, you have some Christian sisters who have your back through prayer. Thanks for sharing!!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You and your every day quotes are a very big help to me!! And good to have some Christian sisters who have my back!! Thank you for the support and prayers.

      Delete
  2. Your post put into words a familiar feeling. Personal conflicts often bubble up and it can be hard to know how to process those feelings. But God is close to the brokenhearted. He helps us in our time of need! Love you, friend! Praying for peace in your relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting. It always good to have the support and prayers that definitely help!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting; and especially for the prayers.

      Delete