Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Write 28 Days - Day 17 - Surrender


When I hear the word "Surrender" it makes me think that I am giving up!  That there is no way for things to work out.  That the only thing to do is to raise my hands over my head and let someone else take over.

Like, when a war victim surrenders to his enemy; lets them take him to another location where he becomes their prisoner.

Sometimes, these conditions are far from decent for the prisoner!

I am certainly not someone's prisoner!

Yet there are many times I want to just "to raise my hands over my head and let someone else take over."

That seems to be the easiest way through this journey...

When I have no idea where it is going to lead us.

Perhaps this is what I need to do:



If I could just give up trying to understand how this is suppose to work; how I am suppose to handle all of the uncertainties.  How do I know what is the right thing(s) to do for my husband and myself.

Perhaps if I could just surrender to  what is unknown and let the "Power that be" take care of our current situation, as well as the future.



Perhaps just having a little more faith in what God has in store for us...

Now and in the future.

Perhaps what I need to do is surrender...

Lord, I surrender all!!



This hymn is one of my all-time favorites...





Go to Write 28 Days 2019 for a list of all  posts for this challenge.



To check out my first Write 31 Days challenge from 2014, "31 Days of Dementia's Demands", go to Barbara's Blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment