Saturday, February 16, 2019

Write 28 Days - Day 12 - Dance



 It was over thirty years ago.  I was an (almost) divorced, single mother of two...

Not really looking for a new relationship.

Finding a babysitter, I joined a few of my friends to go out to the "fish camp"...

I guess that's what they call a bar around here!!

There he was...

Blonde hair, blue eyes, up on the stage playing his harmonica!

I wasn't looking for a new relationship; but, what could it hurt...

Just a dance!

S0 I asked him to dance.

Actually, what I said was, "Do you ever get a break so you can dance?"

And he did!

You could say we have been dancing now for over 30 years.  We have stayed together...

Through thick and thin.

Through good times and bad.

Through sickness and health.

But now, we don't dance any longer; unless moving around each other to keep from arguing is some type of a dance.

Will I need to put on my dancing shoes to avoid a conflict?  Do I need to jump and spin around the room to keep from shouting and raising my voice?

Will this day end up being a happy one; or will I go to bed wondering how much more I can take?


Life is hard not knowing from day to day what kind of day it is going to be.

I don't handle the conflicts very well.

But I am learning...



Perhaps I need to put on my dancing shoes.

Perhaps I need to ask that blonde- turned gray haired, blue-eyed man to take a break and dance with me again?!

Perhaps I should forget what is and just DANCE!




Go to Write 28 Days 2019 for a list of all  posts for this challenge.

To check out my first Write 31 Days challenge from 2014, "31 Days of Dementia's Demands", go to Barbara's Blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment