Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Day 8 - In His Word - MUDDLE



Today is Day 8 of the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group for this year's "free writes".

Check out all of my posts in my "In His Word" series here.


The word for today is Muddle ...

Yes, I have heard this word before!  The Newly Revised Edition of Webster's Dictionary gives these definitions:

Muddle:
1.) n.  "confusion/mixture"

2.) v.  "to confuse/to  mix up"

Muddle-through:
1.) v.  "to get through one's business/to succeed in a muddled way"


I have been confused the past couple of days.  My brain has been in a fog, a "muddled" state of confusion, if I'm even using this word properly!

We are "hunkering down" and waiting out the storm.  By the time this day's post is due, perhaps Hurricane Matthew will be gone from our area; only to be heading north to Georgia and South Carolina, perhaps even North Carolina and further north.




We will be muddling through the middle of this storm, and with God's help, will come out the other end safely!





"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me"  (Psalm 23:4 NRSV).

God hears our cries in the storms of life!

Micca Campbell wrote on Facebook, based on this scripture from Luke 8:24:  "The disciples went and woke him, saying, 'Master, Master!  We're going to drown!'  He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm."

God wants us to cry out to Him when the storm is raging around us!

On Sunday, I made my way through some of the areas of town where damage was very apparent, heading to church.  Part of our prayer time included these words from the hymn "Precious Lord, Take My Hand" by Thomas A. Dorsey, a very fitting prayer for all of us who have been muddling-through these last few days!

"Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light:
Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home.

When my way grows drear,
Precious Lord, linger near;
When my light is almost gone;
Hear my cry, hear my call,
Hold my hand, lest I fall:
Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home.

"When the darkness appears
And the night draws near,
And the day is past and gone,
At the river I stand,
Guide my feet, hold my hand:
Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home."

And, I thank God that we survived the storm - the hurricane!  No power outages for us; though there are many still without power on this October 12th afternoon.  And much clean-up to be done.

We muddled-through, thanks to our Precious Lord!







No comments:

Post a Comment