Saturday, October 15, 2016

Day 11 - In His Word - THANKS




Today is Day 11 of the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group for this year's "free writes".

Check out all of my posts in my "In His Word" series here.


The word for today is Thanks ...


Paul was a writer ... a letter writer!  His letters were sent out to the people of the cities he visited bringing the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Paul's letters almost always began with thanks to God for each of them; and he assured them that he remembered them in prayer.


"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you..."  (Romans 1:8)

"I give thanks to my God always for you..."  (1 Corinthians 1:4)

"I thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you..."  (Philippians 1:3)

"In our prayers for you, we always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ..."  (Colossians 1:3)

"We always give thanks to God for all of you and mention you in our prayers..."  (1 Thessalonians 1:2)


"I am grateful to God when I worship with a clear conscience, as my ancestors did - when I remember you constantly in my prayers night and day.  Recalling your tears, I long to see you so that I may be filled with joy."  (2 Timothy 1:3-4)

"When I remember you in my prayers, I always thank my God..."  (Philemon 4)


So, what about our "letters"?  Do we thank God for those to whom we are writing?  Do we remember them in our prayers?

Whether we are writing a letter, or just thinking about our family and friends, we should always thank God for them, and remember them in prayer.

And remember ...

Found on Pinterest


... no matter what!




No comments:

Post a Comment