Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Day 22 - In His Word - OFF





Today is Day 22 of the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group for this year's "free writes".



Check out all of my posts in the "In His Word" 31 Days series here.


The word for today is Off ...



The previous few prompts have been of a similar focus:  Day 20 was all about the Weekend, and Day 21 was about Park(s) ...

Which leads me to this prompt:  Off

When I was working full time, it was always nice to get those days off, whether a day or two, or longer when vacations were taken.

{I found this on Pinterest that gives a great idea of how much I just wanted - and needed - those days off!  Please excuse "that word"...}

Fount on Pinterest
Shared by Kushandwizdom


Even now that I am retired, I still need time away from the every day "norm"; time away from home to enjoy crafting, or shopping with or hanging out with my daughters and their families; or a quick fun trip with family or friends.


There are also days when we need to be Offline for a while; away from social media and the things that are in front of us on a daily basis.

Some days I find myself scrolling through Facebook and just mindlessly scanning the posts.

Other days, I am intently reading what others have to say, including taking time to read others' blog posts.


Sometimes there is just so much - negativity - and political and social and ... well, just too much that I have to get away from it for awhile.

Don't get me wrong!  I love connecting via the Internet; through Facebook and other ways that are available to us.

It just gets to be way too much sometimes;

And that is when I need a break; time offline!


As much as we need, or want time off, Jesus did not get that same opportunity!  God does not take a day off either ... 

Actually, God did go away from time to time, to be alone in prayer ...

But, even then, He was still available to His disciples, as He is available to us.  He was, and is, always on call!

We only need to call on Him, and He will be there for us




Whatever the day may bring, it is God's Day; and we can enjoy it however that day off may be.






So, whatever your day off may look like, make sure to enjoy your day!  Climb that mountain; walk those trails; splash a while in the ocean, or walk along the beach ...

Whatever makes you happy!  

Just go to that "happy place" and enjoy your day off! 





No comments:

Post a Comment