Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Day 13 - In His Word - AWARE




Today is Day 13 of the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group for this year's "free writes".


Check out all of my posts in the "In His Word" 31 Days series here.

The word for today is Aware ...


What am I aware of in my life?  Do I know who I am?  What makes me happy, or sad, or upset or frustrated?

Why do I get so upset and frustrated anyway?


Actually, I may be more aware of my shortcomings than I think I am!  Getting upset and frustrated is probably more because of how I have reacted to a situation...usually one with my husband.

And, being aware of those shortcomings may or may not help transform them; but it does help to see my own shortcomings...

Does any of this make any sense?  I don't know!

Knowing my shortcomings, I can - and should - take the steps to overcome them!

But, I still don't know what my future holds...where I will be or what I will be doing.



One thing I do know ... God will always be with me wherever I go,and will take care of me!






And, I pray He will give me the strength and wisdom and patience and grace to do what I should in the upsetting and frustrating situations.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Barbara. Your words here have encouraged my heart. Also, the quotes you included are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and commenting; it encourages me that I have encouraged your heart! That is what I pray for my writing to do...encourage others! I may not always say the words in the best way; but they are what comes out of my heart and my mind! I've struggled more this year than the last two years that I did the write31days challenge; still trying to catch up and finish...and the end IS in sight!! Perhaps then I can go back and read all of the awesome blogs that are out there!!!

    ReplyDelete