Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Day 7 - In His Word - TEST {FMF}


Today is Day 7 of the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group for this year's "free writes".

Check out all of my posts in my "In His Word" series here.


The word for today is Test ...





This is a Test ...

We are anticipating heavy winds and storm surges; Hurricane Matthew continues to be a Category 4, moving north with a slight shift east; but still carrying a powerful punch to the coastal areas.

The people in several coastal areas were advised to evacuate their homes; we are in an evacuation area - I think!  But, did not find this out until late on the night before the storm was to hit our area!

The time to evacuate has now passed!  Matthew will be here tomorrow afternoon.  Perhaps we will leave in the morning and head to my daughter's house.

This is a test ...

I am failing this test.  I do not want to make these decisions on my own; he is not concerned.  He is no help to ease my worries and concerns.  I do not know what to do!

This is a test ...

A major test of faith!  I know that God will calm the storms in me and ease my worries and concerns.  I must put my faith in Him; I have no faith in my decisions ... my faith lies only in Him!

God, I pray for the faith to believe You will guide my decisions.  Others say I should "Go now!!"  But, it is after midnight.  Different sources are giving different, and confusing, information as to whether we are even in an evacuation zone.  And the time the hurricane is set to hit our area keeps changing, too.

I will trust in God as I make a decision in the morning!

This is a test ...

and I am failing!  But, I am learning to trust in Him fully!





No comments:

Post a Comment