Saturday, October 29, 2016

Day 29 - In His Word - DATE






Today is Day 29 of the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group for this year's "free writes".



Check out all of my posts in the "In His Word" 31 Days series here.


The word for today is Date ...


This morning I glanced at my planner - it is always lying opened, beside my computer, ready for me to see.

Another date was presented as I scrolled through my Facebook notifications ...

And I added it to my planner.

I have even started "pre-planner" information for next year!

Whenever plans are being made for a family outing, or any other event I'd like to be included in, the first thing I do is check my planner for conflicts.

Do I want to be included in the Garage Sale; or do I want to attend an all-day craft event?  Both are being held on the same day; I don't do very well with double dates!

As a new week unfolds, I check my planner and know what my schedule will be throughout the week.

Will I have a light week; or will I be running around all over the place with fun - and sometimes hectic - events?



There are some dates that we cannot control; that are planned by someone else.

There are dates that are unpredictable; dates that we are to prepare for, yet don't know when that day will be ...



"Keep awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming."  (Matt. 24:42)

We are warned in this verse in Matthew to "keep awake"; to be watchful, for we don't know when to expect our Lord to come again.

But we must be prepared for whenever that day comes!

Are you ready?

It isn't too late ...

Until it's too late!

PREPARE YOURSELF NOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment