Monday, October 17, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook - October 17, 2016







FOR TODAY

October 17, 2016


Looking Out My Window:
It is 3:00 pm and the temp is a gorgeous 85 degrees; actually, a little cooler than that would really be gorgeous!  But, loving the slight breeze and cooler weather...

I Am Thinking:
I have so many things that need to be "finished"; projects or swaps or blog posts or journal items that are hanging and not completed...

I Am Thankful:
For my family and friends; for the time alone that I needed this past weekend; for the blessings we have received; that we have what we need and more...


And I could go on and on and on about those blessings!

One of My Favorite Things:
My weekly "visit" with my daughter and 2-year old granddaughter; actually, I babysit for a few hours while my daughter is "working"  - giving piano lessons to a few of her students.  But, when she gets home, the "baby" is napping and we have a little time to chat before I leave.

I Am Creating:
Almost finished with "thinking of you" type cards for a swap; actually, I barely finished the 22 that were due last Friday night but have 8 more to complete the total I actually made.

Card by BJ London
"Dotty...About You"


I also finished a tag made for a swap; theme is "Lace, Flowers, Buttons and Bows"...

I think I included most of it!


Created by BJ London


I Am Wearing:
A pair of pj bottoms and an aqua blue shirt; and my slippers.

I Am Reading:
"Til They Have Faces" by C. S. Lewis...

Part of the description on the back says:

"In this timeless tale of two mortal princesses - one beautiful and one unattractive - C. S. Lewis reworks the classical myth of Cupid and Psyche into an enduring piece of contemporary fiction."

Sounded good; and so far it is!

I Am Hoping:
This week is an easy-going one, with little stress but still getting done what needs to be done (it's payday week; which means great potential for stress).

I Am Learning:
To "pick my battles"; perhaps that's one way of saying it!  Some things are best left unsaid or commenting on; helps me to not stress so much over the things "he" says to me!

In My Kitchen:
Ground beef is thawing for "something" to fix for dinner...to be determined when I head to the kitchen to start cooking!

Board Room:

Found on Pinterest
Shared by scrapbook.com

This beautiful layout could also be used for some of the Prima doll tags I have created.  Great inspiration!

Post Script:
I would like to invite you to take a look at my Facebook page for my blogBarbara's Journey.

I recently created a new, second blog, "Through Hard Times",  because of issues with the old one.  The new blog is still "under construction" but available.

All of the original posts are still available on the old blog, as well; and, both of the blogs are listed on the above Facebook page.

We all need change once in a while; so I am looking at this new blog as a change for me.  Let me know what you think...for real!

Shared Quote:
Since I am reading a C. S. Lewis book, it makes sense to share a quote of his; though it is not from the same book!

Found on Pinterest

A Moment From My Day:

This is what - or who! - keeps me from getting my posts written!  Or, maybe it's too much "other" things...




And that's how my day is going!

Join me again next week for The Simple Woman's Daybook!












No comments:

Post a Comment