Sunday, October 30, 2016

Day 26 - In His Word - CONFRONT






Today is Day 26 of the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group for this year's "free writes".



Check out all of my posts in the "In His Word" 31 Days series here.


The word for today is Confront ...


I do not like confrontation; to be "face to face with" someone on an opposing side of an issue.  I just don't always find it easy to put into words how I feel.


That is most likely the reason I hate discussing politics or religion!

I know how I feel about the issues; it's just hard for me to clearly express it.  And, when confronted with someone else's opinion...

I back down and just leave the conversation alone!

I find it terribly hard to express how I feel in many areas of my life, including my faith and politics, and other important issues.

In Acts 18:9, the Lord is speaking to Paul, giving him encouragement to keep speaking; to continue to use his voice to reach others:

"One night the Lord said to Paul in a vision, 'Do not be afraid, but speak and do not be silent; for I am with you...' " 

This verse in Isaiah 50 assures us that God is with us; He is our help:

Found on Pinterest



With God on our side, we need not fear speaking up about the issues that mean so much to us.  Perhaps the words we share will help others to see the "right" way... and that doesn't mean everyone sees things in the "same" way!

We face many issues in the U.S. Presidential election that is just days away.  My views are different than your views and those of my family members and friends and the people down the street.

Yet, we will all head to the polls on November 8th - if we haven't already taken advantage of early voting or absentee ballots - and vote our choices.

May God give us clarity in making our decisions; and guide our country in choosing the person who will lead the U.S. in the next few years.





2 comments:

  1. I don't like confrontation either. I've never been good at it. Love the new blog and look. Just sad you had to create a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I don't know how I am going to be able to even SAVE my posts on the old blog...they are MINE and I don't want to lose them!!

      Thank you for reading and commenting! I feel good about starting fresh with this new blog...just lost some readers that were on the old one! Oh well, change IS hard!

      Delete