Thursday, October 20, 2016

Day 17 - In His Word - STUDY







Today is Day 17 of the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group for this year's "free writes".



Check out all of my posts in the "In His Word" 31 Days series here.



The word for today is Study ...


The New Revised Standard Version says it this way:

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved by him, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly explaining the word of truth."

How else are we to know that we are "approved by him" than to study the Bible from beginning to end?!

In reading His Holy Word, we continue to learn the things that He is teaching us so that we can be one of His followers - one who is "a worker who has no need to be ashamed..."

I know that true Bible Study is a major downfall in my learning.  Each morning I have my "quiet time"; alone reading a couple of devotions and the scriptures that go with them.

I know that I am not taking the time to experience real Bible Study ... a time where I am really studying the words that He is bringing to me.

Instead of reading the scripture and pondering what the words say to me, I am simply reading the words and jotting down a few that I want to remember.

The point is to be In His Word; to read what is written, but to also listen for His voice coming through the words.

And isn't that what the point is for this series for the write 31 days challenge?  My intent was to take each word and relate it back to His Word...

I pray as I move forward with this series, and continued Bible Study, that I be more In His Word so that I am ready and able to do the tasks He sets before me...

So...

Found on Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment