Sunday, October 7, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 7 - HOPE






Today is Day 7 of the "write31days" challenge.  Once again I am linking up with Kate Motaung for the FMF free writes.  Be sure to check out each day's post here.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."  (Jeremiah 29:11 ESV).


"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."  (Romans 12:12 ESV).


Whatever trials we are going through on our daily journey, there is One with us showing the way, and that there is hope.


Day in and day out I look to the future and wonder just what is "out there" for me!


Where will I - we - be in five years?  In ten years?  In...yes, even fifteen or twenty, which would make me 82 and 87!!



In my mind, I just can't see what even the next year will bring.  And there are days when I don't think I can even get to the next day.


One of the blogs I follow regularly is Blessed are the Pure of Heart.  Andrew Budek is battling cancer among other things.  He writes openly and from the heart, blessing us with words of encouragement and inspiration.

Andrew's most recent post, Play Your Heart Out, includes these words:


"But hope does not lie in victory.

Hope lies in taking the next step.
Hope is showing up, just one more time."

There are times I fear what lies ahead.  There are times the end seems so close; yet I doubt I could even finish the journey.


Andrew mentions Paul and his race in his blog:


"I have fought the fight;

I have finished the race;
I have kept the faith."  (2 Timothy 4:7)

Paul didn't say he won that race!  He said he finished the race!


I think that by finishing whatever lies ahead of us, we have won our race.


There IS hope.  And, it lies in taking the next step...


Just one more time!





2 comments:

  1. Yes, just doing the next thing. #hopechangeseverything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Susan! Hope DOES change everything. And together - with each other and HIM at the helm - we CAN do the next thing! Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete