Tuesday, October 2, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 2 - AFRAID



Today is Day 2 of the "write31days" challenge.  Once again I am linking up with Kate Motaung for the FMF free writes.  Be sure to check out each day's post here.



As a caregiver, I usually just move from one day to the next, hoping the decisions I make for my husband and I are the right ones!  I am often afraid of what lies ahead as we continue on this journey together.

Will we have enough financially to make it pay period to pay period?  To buy the medications we need, or even the food?  To have the proper things in place for medical or financial decisions I may have facing me in the future.


These decisions fall on my shoulders!


What if I make the wrong decision?  What if I don't know what to do?  How to do it?  When to get things in order?


It's rather frightening; makes me nervous and afraid almost every day!


But we are told not to worry!  How are we to do that?  To not worry?


It may be easy to say, "Do not worry!" right!?  But in reality, it isn't...


Many days I just put one foot in front of the other and do what needs to be done, without any thought to worrying or not.  Yet, in my mind, I am worrying anyway.


Wherever our life's journey takes us...


"Even when the way goes through Death Valley..."(Psalm 23:4 The Message)...


The Bible is full of assurances that we will not journey alone.  Another verse from Psalm 56:3-4 (English Standard Version):


"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.  In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid..." 


We do not need to be afraid.


We are not alone!  We don't need to be afraid...


Now, the reality is this:  We are still afraid!  We are humans; we still worry and are afraid of the future, of decisions we must make.  But, if we can just stop and take a deep breath before we make that decision; if we can just believe (that is tomorrow's word!)...

Perhaps we could lessen that fear...


I pray you can!





4 comments:

  1. Oh sweet friend. I so get that feeling! I love how you are growing and I know that one day when you look back on this time (like I now can) you will have NO regrets no matter what the outcome is. May God provide abundantly for every need! I know He does. HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! God does provide abundantly for every need...it's hard being on this journey; but He also gives me people to support and encourage and give me the strength to do what needs to be done. I pray my words are helpful to others, whatever their journey.

      Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. You my friend are on a journey I haven't been on. Lifting you up in prayer now for peace and I know you will help so many others along the way! I appreciate your courage and trust. God will honor it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! Prayers are always appreciated...and I do pray God will use my words to be of help to others; I know it helps me just to get the words out!

      Appreciate your reading and commenting.

      Delete