Wednesday, October 3, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 3 - BELIEVE





Today is Day 3 of the "write31days" challenge.  Once again I am linking up with Kate Motaung for the FMF free writes.  Be sure to check out each day's post here.

Every day I want to believe I can do the things that have to be done.  As a caregiver, I am not only making decisions for myself, but also for my husband.  His ability to make good decisions is declining...


I must believe there is One greater than I that I can depend on to steer me in the right direction.  I must release my fear and know that He will be there for me...for us.


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."  (Romans 15:13 English Standard Version).


Yet, that isn't always the case, is it?  I still need encouragement every single day, to be able to put one foot in front of the other.  I can only live one day at a time.


As each day passes, the road gets harder and harder.  Constant encouragement is always helpful; but not always there for us.


But...


HE is always there for us!


Just Believe!

{I love how these verses connect one day to the next, and to even more to come!!  Yesterday's afraid and today's believe; even hope in a few days; and joy and peace...who knows, they could show up in one of the Fridays as an FMF word!!}



4 comments:

  1. Barbara, we all need encouragement every single day, don't we? But when it doesn't come from people, we know we can find it in God's word. We know that He is always with us. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we certainly do need encouragement Gayl! Without it, whether from our friends, family or the One who IS always with us, we do need it every day!!

      Thank you for reading and commenting...keep writing!

      Delete
  2. May the Lord continue to strengthen you on this journey my dear friend. Yes, God is able.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And may He continue to strengthen you as well...the journey is long; but the going is so much easier when we have a companion with us!! Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete