Sunday, October 14, 2018

31 Words of Encouragement - Day 14 - ASK





Today is Day 14 of the "write31days" challenge.  Once again I am linking up with Kate Motaung for the FMF free writes.  Be sure to check out each day's post here.


"My eyes long for your promise; I ask, 'When will you comfort me?' "  (Psalm 119:82 ESV).

As we wander through life, we have many questions to ask;

Of others.

Of ourselves.

Of God.

We don't always get the answers to those questions; though we may continue to ask them.

The Bible also says:

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."  (Matthew 7:7 ESV).

Do you ask God for the things you want?  Do you ever cry out to him, "Why is this happening to me?"

I know I have...

Many times!

Well, at least the asking "Why me?" part!  Then again, I am sure there have been many things I've asked for too.

The thing is, as we wander down that path of our life's journey, there are many people that God puts in our path.  People that can and will help us along the way...

If we just ask for their help!

We don't have to go the way alone.  There are people willing - and able - to help us!

So, ask!  See what answers you receive!


And, while you are asking God "why" something is happening to you, ask him to reveal what He is teaching you through this.



Whatever trials we are going through, God is there to strengthen us for the journey.  We are learning His way...




2 comments:

  1. Did you ever get an answer to the "Why Me" Question??? I thought one time He might have said, "Why not?" LOL! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully, Karen, I think I figured some of it out this afternoon at the support group. And, one of my former scriptures used from 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 in the Message where it says when we go through hard times, and He comforts us so that "we can be there for another"...THAT may be my "why" and perfect that you said, "Why not?"

      Thank you for reading and commenting, and sharing your insights to the questions!

      Delete