Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Word Wednesday - Life's Journey



Today I am cleaning!  I have been trying to declutter my "stuff"; and also clean as I go along.  One day I will be finished...

Perhaps!

The problem with cleaning and decluttering and organizing is...

I keep sitting down to browse through the forgotten books; or turn the pages of scrapbooks that are stored on the shelves being cleaned.

And...

That means I always get distracted!

Today, I sat down to see what was inside this 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbook.  What I found was a photo and the words I included on the title page of the album picturing my grandson when he was almost two years old.

I have always loved this photo of my grandson and I walking up the steps of a memorial at a Military Park we visited.  Notice our feet and how in step we were!!




For this week's Word Wednesday I am reprinting the words I came across and "copied" into this album...


"Do not undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others.  It is because we are different that each of us is special.

Do not see your goals by what other people deem important.  Only you know what is best for you.  Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless.

Do not let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past nor for the future.  By living your life one day at a time, you live all of the days of your life.

Do not give up when you still have something to give.  Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.  It is a fragile thread that binds us to each other.

Do not be afraid to encounter risks.  It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.  Do not shut love out of your life by saying it is impossible to find.  The quickest way to receive love is to give love.  The fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly.  In addition, the best way to keep love is to give it wings.

Do not dismiss your dreams.  To be without dreams is to be without hope.  To be without hope is to be without purpose.  Do not run through life so fast that you forget not only where you have been, but also where you are going.

Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way."  (copied).


My personal note to my grandson was:  "I savor the steps I take with you on Life's Journey."  (June 2001).

I think these words are quite appropriate for Life's Journey; and for the Hope I see along this journey!





{p.s.  I think I have found a perfect gift for my grandson as he graduates from high school June 2018; these words and the above picture reproduced in a shadowbox!!}







6 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you and your grandson. What beautiful words this morning, such a treasured gift for him. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting, Barbie! This photo is very special, as is the young man pictured in it! I find it hard to believe he will be graduating and heading off to college (and has chosen one of the universities in town!!!).

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing these beautiful words today. And I agree that this will make a perfect graduation gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting, Bettie. I can't wait to sit down and get this gift made!!! It's hard to believe he is graduating soon...

      Delete
  3. Absolutely a perfect graduation gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting, Susan! I am writing off and on; but I am writing!!

      Delete