Saturday, January 6, 2018

Five Minute Friday - MOTIVATE




Five Minute Friday

Welcome to this week's Five Minute Friday; the first of many in the new year, 2018!

{Check out the Facebook group to link up with the Five Minute Friday Community.}


This week's Five Minute Friday word is:

Motivate

"Dictionary.com" defines "Motivate" as:

verb (used with object)motivated,motivating.
1.  to provide with a motive, or a cause or reason to act; incite; impel.


Sounds a little like "encouragement" to me!!

And that is what I get from the FMF Community...

Whether I am writing and joining in or not!

Some days I do feel motivated to write;

But the words come to me in the early hours of the morning when I am still tired and not functioning yet!

And, I don't jot those thoughts down to use later!

Other times I don't have the inspiration to write anything; but am still motivated to try...

I just sit down at the computer...

But nothing comes!

This is a new year!!  2018!!

Can I say it has blown in like the nor'easter that has hit Florida and caused all this cold weather!?

Yet, I feel motivated to try this writing venture...again!  To follow the FMF Community and continue the connections made in my earlier years of blogging...

Like my first Write 31 Days challenge in 2014!

Just a few short years ago!

So, here I am again in 2018...

And, I am motivated!  My intention is to write and read in this new year!!

What about yours?!


{Appreciate you reading my post!  If this has inspired you in any way, please share in the comments!  Those comments really do motivate me...as I said, encouragement!!}


4 comments:

  1. Barb, one post a week. FMF - a perfect way to exercise those creative juices!!! xo Watch your mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement...motivation!!! Mailbox?! Love goodies in the mailbox!!! Thanks for always being there to cheer me on!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi again, Barbara, I look forward to connecting with you on Friday's! I felt motivated reading ypur post. Thanm you for that boost. Blessings upon your Saturday evening, Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Julie!! Glad we have connected!! Yes, I am going to really try to get these FMF posts done, and on Friday or Saturday or maybe even Sunday; but before the next week comes around!! Glad I could give you a boost as well!!!

      Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete