Wednesday, January 10, 2018

God's Many Blessings





What an awesome day it has been!!

I received many blessings today!!

First, enjoyed sharing an afternoon with a group of residents at a retirement community, and listening to their stories.

The women of my church hosted a birthday party, open to all residents, but celebrating those with January birthdays.

{This is a service of the Disciples' Women's Ministry for our denomination in this area; each of the churches hosts a different month.}

Each "birthday person" was asked what they remembered about their childhood birthdays, especially for this time of year when we sometimes have snow...depending on where we live, of course!

Everybody was happy to share the snow memories, and other memories as well.

We sang "Frosty the Snowman", "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow" and a couple of other "snow" songs; and listened to some beautiful piano music.

And, of course, we enjoyed cookies and cupcakes and punch...not a party without them!

What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon!

But lurking in the back of my mind was my car!

Prior to heading to the event, my hubby had noticed something hanging from the bottom of my car.  I knew something was wrong but was trying to get past the holidays, then to our next paycheck, before having it checked out.

But, it was hanging so low now that it was dragging; and causing sparks to fly up...

So, after leaving the party, I stopped by the repair shop we always use and had them check it out for me.

Turns out it was a drip pan that had come loose!  They attached it for me; checked the air in my tires also, as I had requested.

And, there was no charge!

The one thing I always worry about when dealing with car repairs is the cost!!

The one thing I should always remember...

God has it all in His hands!!




But, wait!!

That is not the end of the story of God's Many Blessings...

For today!!

After coming home and relaxing a few minutes, I continued my morning task:

Find some pictures I knew were somewhere in my craft room!  Every where I looked earlier did not turn up anything except what I wasn't looking for!!

But, I persisted, moved some other stuff around and finally found the two little albums of pictures...two red albums, not black like I thought I was looking for!!

Well, while looking for the pictures, my hubby came in with "a pile of mail", as he called it...

"Happy Mail", as I call it!!  What I received was a letter with a tea bag, and a card with the following verse from one of my blogging friends:



This verse in Romans has become my Mantra for 2018!

Those are the very words I had chosen to write about the past two years; Hope and Joy!  Didn't get very far; and have decided to merge them for this year!

But, that still wasn't all!!

My friend also sent another package with some scrapbooking supplies she had come across.  Knowing I did a bit of scrapbooking, she thought to send it to me, along with one of her books!

Well, it's quite apparent to me that I am so very blessed!!

I must thank God every day for His many blessings!!


{A couple of years ago, I set up the label "Word Wednesday" to go along with my word(s) for the year...

Needless to say, I didn't write very much in 2016 on Joy, or in 2017 on Hope.

This year, I decided to merge those two words; but after my blessings of the holidays and the past couple of days, I am just planning to write as inspired to do so!!

Join me again next week for another chapter in the "God's Many Blessings", titled "Outgiving God"...

We know where that one is headed, right?!


If you are inspired by anything read in this blog, please share with others; and share your experiences with me in the comments, on Facebook or in a private message!!}


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, so am I, Susan; so am I!!! Thank you for all of your encouragement, and for reading and commenting on this post...After a weekend of crafting, perhaps I'll write more next week!

      Delete