Monday, January 8, 2018

Simple Woman's Daybook - January 8, 2018




The SimpleWoman


FOR TODAY
January 8, 2018


Looking Out My Window:
It has been so cold here in Florida...for Florida, at least!

Today, it will start warming up; but first we have to get past the 40's this morning.  But, the high today will be in the high 60's.

I am ready for that warm up!


I Am Thinking
About all of the things I am trying to get together for a retreat this weekend!

I have the projects almost put together; but then I remember...the pictures!  So, today I am on a major hunt for those pictures!

They are in this craft room...somewhere!



I Am Thankful:
That what I thought was going to be a major car repair, turned out to be a minor thing.  And it didn't cost anything to fix it!!


One of My Favorite Things:
There are so many things that I could call "fave"; what would one be for me today, as I look back over the past week or so?

It would have to be - as always! - spending time with family.  The planned get-togethers are great; but my fave would be those times when we haven't actually planned ahead.

I love doing impromptu things!!


I Am Creating:
Creating a few bags of "stuff" to be used this weekend on the projects I will be working on.

Sometimes I think I create more disorganization trying to organize my projects!!

Well, it makes things a lot easier when I sit down to craft at a retreat...

So...keep on creating!


I Am Wearing:
A pair of black pj bottoms and a black and white striped night shirt; and two pairs of socks on my feet...

Well, it was cold when I put the second pair on!!



I Am Reading:

I have finished reading "Finding Grace in the Face of Dementia" by Dr. John Dunlop; and read the Forward and Introduction to Joyce Meyer's "Seize the Day".

This book will take more than just a quick read.  Hoping to really focus on it next week, after the retreat has ended.


I may also start reading another fiction, just for fun book while also doing the above book...

Will see if I need a break from it!


I Am Hoping
This year is a GOOD year!!

Last year wasn't exactly BAD; but it could have been better...

Well, not really!  It was a good year!

I am just hoping this year we can get the medical questions answered...

And move forward on our journey with whatever information we receive!

I know God has our future in His hands; and we will not travel down this road alone!


I Am Learning:
Learning to lean; leaning and learning!

I know God has our future in His hands...

Yes, I know I just wrote that above!  But, He does!  And the more I can think that way, the better I will be able to lean and learn and continue along this journey that we are on...


In My Kitchen: 
Dishes in dishwasher and ready to be washed.

A load of laundry ready for the dryer.

Dinner?  Probably leftovers!  There are several bowls of food that my husband couldn't eat in one sitting; so he can finish one of those!

I will eat either spaghetti, black-eyed peas with rice and tomatoes, or the leftovers noodles and veggies and chicken teriyaki from a few days ago!


Post Script
Last week I published a poem I wrote titled "Today", with a little added information as to the "why" behind the poem.  Check it out here.


Shared Quote:
This year I will attempt to write a Word Wednesday post each week; or as often as I am inspired to do so!

I did not do so well the last two years; the word was Hope.  The year before that was the word Joy.

This year I will try to merge those two words...

But will leave myself open to any other word that is put in my heart or mind to write on.

It's a new day...a new year!  And, I am hoping for more inspiration to write more and more!!

So, the quote is from Romans 15:13 (ESV), and will be my mantra for the year:

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

I will also be keeping a "Hope/Joy" journal...not only writing down quotes and scriptures, but adding a little "art" as well!

This is the cover; words by me...design already on the book!  I am not a good artist!


A Moment From My Day:
Actually, there have been many "moments" throughout the holidays that have just ended.

I think this may have been one of the best holidays in quite a few years.  Though others have been good, this one was good and fulfilling and enjoyable...

Busy!  But enjoyable!  Once again I wrote out a Holiday Bucket List and was able to complete quite a number of items on that list!

I plan to share those fun adventures in a separate post!  Later...

~~~~~~~


So, as we enter into a new year with new memories and new adventures ahead of us...

The Simple Woman's Daybook continues to be a place for sharing the life of this simple woman!

Join me again next week for another "chapter".



No comments:

Post a Comment