Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Day 31 - In His Word - ONLY






Today is Day 31 of the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group for this year's "free writes".



Check out all of my posts in the "In His Word" 31 Days series here.


The word for today is Only ...


The dictionary defines "only" as:

1) adj. - "the single; the one without any others."

2) adv. - a) "and not anyone/anything else;" b) "as recently as"; and c) "if only = expressing a strong wish/desire."

Using the word "only" as being "the single or one without any others", I have written a poem:


I am Only -
A daughter,
sister,
wife,
mother.
A Child of God.

I am Only -
A stay-at-home mom,
Working mom,
Divorced mom,
Retired mom.
God's hand and feet.

Jesus was Only -
A babe in a manger,
Son of a carpenter,
Born of a virgin,
Long-awaited king.
Sent by God

Jesus was Only -
A teacher,
healer,
leader,
Savior.
God's Only Son.



If I am only a daughter - it means that is all that I am!  And if I am only a sister or wife or mother - that would also mean that is all...

If I am only a stay-at-home mom, or a working mom, a divorced mom or a retired mom - that would be I could be.

Yet, I am all of these rolled into one person!

I am only Me!

If Jesus was only a babe in a manger, son of a carpenter, born of a virgin, and sent by God - He is and was "the single one; without any others"...

He was and is a teacher, healer, leader and Savior;

He is the one and only Son of God;

He of all "only-ies" is The Only!







6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Barbara!!!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You have done fabulous writing! What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen! You honor and humble me with your words! I so appreciate your reading and commenting!

      Delete
    2. Barbara,

      Congratulations on finishing this challenge. To the One and Only.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda, for reading and commenting! I am catching up with reading now that the 31 days have passed!

      Delete