Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Day 30 - In His Word - CUT







Today is Day 30 of the "write31days" challenge; and I am linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday group for this year's "free writes".



Check out all of my posts in the "In His Word" 31 Days series here.


The word for today is Cut ...


So, how does this word fit for the "In His Word" 31 Day challenge?  {There have been a few other words that gave me a real challenge!}

That actually required some ... well, persistence!


Searching through Pinterest for an idea or images I could use, I came across this quote; and realized what I was really looking for was persistence!

And what I felt we - or more specifically, I - need to be persistent about is in my prayers to God.

I've heard that once we ask God for something - whether for healing, strength, or courage, or to help us make a decision, or whatever, we should leave it with Him.

But, is that what God really wants from us?


I think He wants us to be persistent; to continually ask Him for what we want or need, trusting and believing that He will hear our prayers and answer.

This scripture in Matthew 7:7-8 tells us we should keep asking; keep searching; keep knocking!  And in that persistence, we will receive, find, and have the doors opened!

Perhaps there's another reason for persistently asking God for our needs:

Found on Pinterest
Shared by Jennifer JayGee


Perhaps we are not listening carefully; perhaps we need to persistently ask so that we may actually hear His Word to us!

Just as the river cuts through a rock by its persistence, not power; our prayers reach God through persistence, not the power of the prayer.

And we will be blessed by our persistent prayers.

Found on Pinterest
Shared by DuoParadigms PR





No comments:

Post a Comment