Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Does This Spark Joy?




Sound familiar??

Anyone who has heard of Marie Kondo, even just a little bit, will understand this question!

I have never actually watched any of her YouTube videos; or read any of her books (or is there just one?!).

I have read through a lot of posts and comments on Facebook of others who are following her ideas; and others who are not.

While I am not really following her ideas, I am trying to declutter my "stuff" and get rid of things...

That I no longer need!

No, I am not going to thank my "stuff" and then let it go.  No, I am not going to consider whether it "sparks joy" or not...

But, I will determine if it is useful to me or not.



What did bring me joy was to have a friend give me two bags of clothes!  And, there were a lot of things that I could use.  They are now washed and hanging in my closet.



I do have a few things that will end up being given away or donated; some that I have had a while and no longer use.  But, it brings me joy when I go into my closet and have clothes that look nice and make me feel good about myself.


That is what sparks joy for me!

And being able to give to others sparks joy, too.

So, as I go through my "stuff" and decide whether to keep it or get rid of it, I will think of others that will be able to use it.  And gladly give it away...

Sparking joy for myself as well as the receiver!

So, here's your question...

What sparks joy for you?!  (Not a debate for or against the Marie Kondo way...just a question for you to ponder or share if you wish.)



No comments:

Post a Comment