Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Overwhelmed with Joy!



"When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy!"  Matthew 2:10 (NRSV)

Have you ever felt that way?  Overwhelmed with joy?  Filled with such joy that you couldn't hold it inside?



This little boy sure is displaying an overwhelming joy!!

What does that mean?  "Overwhelming"?

According to Dictionary.com, "Overwhelmed" is a verb which means:

"Bury or drown beneath a huge mass; give too much of a thing to (someone); inundate; have a strong emotional effect on."

Every day I am choosing joy.  But, I don't necessary expect that "joy" to always be "overwhelming"...

Like that of the little boy as he tries to catch the bubbles.

Some days it may be a quieter joy.

Many days it's really hard to find any kind of joy, even the quiet joy I spoke of last week (check it out here).  But I am determined to look anyway.

Some days it surprises me - and I laugh out loud, joyfully!

Other days I search long and hard; and finally just see the word "joy" in an unexpected place:


Yes!  That is the back of a gallon of egg nog ice cream we found during the holidays!!

But I am choosing to look for it!  To know that joy does exist and I will find it every single day.

No matter how hard or easy it may be, I will search it out every day!

What kind of joy have you found?  Share with me in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment