Wednesday, January 2, 2019

It's Everywhere!!!



For a few months leading up to the holidays, I felt unhappy; perhaps even a little depressed.  I felt as if I had lost the happiness and joy I once had.

I tried to pull myself out of the depression; to find the happiness and joy...to show it to my family and friends.

Then...

It happened!!

I started seeing "JOY" everywhere!

In the wrappings of a Christmas gift.



In the words of a song.

In the words found in Scripture.

In the holiday decorations.


And, I started seeing it in the faces of those around me.

Hearing it in the carols and hymns being sung.

Yes!  Joy was EVERYWHERE!!

Philippians 4:4 (NLT) - "Always be full of JOY in the Lord.  I say it again - rejoice!"

During that time, I read these words in a blog posted by my friend, Teresa Hardymon:

"We often think of joy in terms of wild exhilaration or shouting from the rooftops.  But joy can also be a quiet peace that settles in the bottom of our soul and wraps a scarf of contentment around us.

"For me this year, joy has been on the quieter side.  Maybe it's been that way for you too."

Yes!  My joy, once I "found" it again, has been rather quiet.  But...

It is there!

God's assurance, found in John 16:22, says, "So you have sorrow now but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy!"

As we move into a new year, and a new focus on this word - JOY - I pray that you also find your joy, and hold onto it...because "no one can rob you of that joy!"


Praying you will join me on Wednesdays for "Word Wednesday"...as I try to share JOY each week of 2019.



10 comments:

  1. Singing \o/ I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart. WHERE? Down in my heart. Down in my heart. I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart - down in my heart to stay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I sang right along with ya!!! It IS deep deep down in my heart and I am determined this year to search it out whenever I feel it being zapped by those who...really don't mean to be that way!! Thanks for reading and commenting!!

      Delete
  2. Love this post. When I feel like giving up, God always overtakes me with His JOY! I've missed connecting and hope to be back to blogging and visiting again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Barbie! It was such a surprise to find so much JOY everywhere. And, it's amazing how many Christmas songs sing about JOY...well, not really because it IS a joyful time of year!!

      Delete
  3. Love this! Theresa's quote really stuck out to me: "We often think of joy in terms of wild exhilaration or shouting from the rooftops. But joy can also be a quiet peace that settles in the bottom of our soul and wraps a scarf of contentment around us."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, that quote from Theresa stuck out to me as well! That is why I jotted it down in my notebook to be used...I hope to write a Word Weds. post each week...and will see how far that goes!! Good to have you here; thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I definitely think joy is grossly misunderstood and misrepresented often. That quiet, deep in your bones joy is our strength from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!! I am learning that joy is laying quietly and deeply waiting for me to discover that it really really is there for me! And, I am taking every moment of each day to make sure I discover it!! Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  6. Joy is my favorite word! I seek it every day no matter how quiet it may be. Some days it's difficult to find, but it's always there if we look hard enough. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some days is IS very difficult to find; but I am determined to find it every single day that I possibly can!! Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete