Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Thoughts

 Trying to find my way through this new life Alone, as a Widow, not sure about anything.  My thoughts have been so random, and up and down, that I doubted myself so often!  I wasn't sure which way to turn; what to do with myself, how life would be like for me now...

Shortly after my husband passed, after being in a nursing home for six months, I began jotting things down in my journal; later going back and forming some of the random thoughts into poems.  This one, just titled "Thoughts", shares some of that uncertainty...

THOUGHTS

What can I say?
I know my thoughts
    are not where they should be.
I know how things were before.
This may not be right;
    but what is or isn't right
        is not the point.
I'm not sure.
It's my thoughts;
    like I have no control
        over how I feel,
or the thoughts running through my head...
And they're good, happy thoughts!
Am I allowed to smile, laugh,
     have fun, be happy?
I've done my best
    Still trying to do my best...
but I'm also doing what I enjoy;
What makes me happy!

(bjl December 16, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment