Saturday, June 17, 2023

The Storms of Life



The morning started stormy, as many summer days do here in Florida.  Dark clouds, thunder, lightening, rain.  I had wanted to be productive today, but the rain made me tired...and a bit lazy; I fell asleep!  But soon the rain moved on and the sun came out, bringing another beautiful day.

So I started working on my first of many projects:  clearing off the bookshelves and gathering the books I was donating.  The thing about going through what I needed to declutter is that distractions easily take me away from the chore at hand.

What stopped me from my work was a bookmark that slipped from one of the many books collected over the years.  Reading the message on the back of that bookmark, written by a beautiful retired minister from my life many years ago, brought emotions I wasn't expecting on this summer day.  The tears spilled from my eyes; memories filled my head, while reflections of the words just read stopped me in my tracks.

The quote on front of the bookmark was just a few simple words; but put together reminded me of the storms that have surrounded me throughout my life.

"In the midst of rain, the rainbow awaits."

One thing I have prayed for in this new season of life is to see a beautiful rainbow outside my huge picture window of my "dream apartment".  But after living here for just over a year, I have yet to see one!

No matter how the storms of life may surround us, figuratively and literally, there's always hope.  I look to that hope and the certainty that when needed, God will send my rainbow!  In the meantime, I still see and feel His Hand on my life and trust His timing for what is needed for my journey.

May you find hope in the storms of your life and find your rainbow too!


No comments:

Post a Comment