Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Write 28 Days - Day 3 - Joy!







Some mornings are like this picture!  Not the word "JOY", but the "not having it" crying kiddos!!

I just can't seem to find anything that gives me joy!  Nothing!!

But then...

My grandson comes over so I can "help" him make a Valentine's Day card for his girlfriend.  He is 20 years old and knows where to find the right supplies...at MeMaw's house!!!

Even though he sensed everything wasn't "quite right", he smiled and gave me a big hug; and my heart filled with joy!

The rest of the day wasn't all that bad!

And later that night, when hubby and I were watching a talent show on TV, a precious 12-year old dog trainer from Germany gave an amazing performance that brought more joy to my heart...

And the hearts of everyone in that TV audience.  One of the judges even called it...

PURE JOY!!

Which reminds me that no matter how I feel when I wake up in the morning...

There is joy to be found.

I just have to be open to it!

And look for it!




4 comments:

  1. OK that story about your 20 year old grandson made my whole entire day! That is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment!! He is the #1 grandchild and I have been around him from day one...when his mom (my oldest daughter) knew she was carrying her first child!! I love being around my grandchildren, from the oldest granddaughter (who lives in Louisiana) to the youngest and all in between who live right down the street from me!!! They do make the days better, don't they?!

      Delete
  2. So true. There is joy to be found, even on hard days. Loving your writing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend!! Start the day with JOY and we are good to go, right!!?? Happy writing!!

      Delete