Monday, February 3, 2020

Write 28 Days - Day 2 - Intent




Well, yesterday (Saturday) I began this challenge with no intent (aim) to using any particular theme.  But my thoughts took me in a direction where I was basically "catching up" or continuing thoughts previously shared of the "dementia journey" with my husband.

When I first started my blog in 2014, it was just an "experiment".  I was hearing so many others talk about their "blog" and was a little curious about it.  What would I write?  Would anyone actually read what I have written?

Many of the people I connected with in those early days were getting ready to participate in the "Write 31 Days" challenge...

It was September!!  LATE September!!

"I am IN!" I thought!  And, "this will be easy!!"  I thought!!!

Well, my blog was a little amateurish; but I continued writing and sharing my story.  And I wrote every day, sharing words from my journals and poetry and other things I had collected through the years when my husband was first diagnosed with dementia.

The posts I wrote that first year, 2014, can be found HERE.

Yes, we were on a journey back then.  Just as we are now...

My intent or aim wasn't the same back then as it is now.  Then, I was experimenting with sharing my thoughts; the journey we were taking together; and found myself connecting with others.

I found myself being inspired and encouraged by so many women (and men) who were wonderful writers!  Many even had books published!  I wasn't even sure that I really was a writer...

But, I learned during that month of writing that I was a writer;

And I accepted that I was a caregiver, too!

So, as I continue sharing our journey, my intent now is to connect; and share; and inspire; and encourage; and write...

Because "someone" may really need to connect, too!

And I need to share.

To pour my heart out...

Even if I am the only one that reads what I have written.

That is my intent...


5 comments:

  1. You are inspiring! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Barbie! I am trying this time to do more writing! The prompts are helping; but I have to savor the word for a time until something comes to me. I am not worrying if I get behind! The words ARE coming, but slowly! I do hope, and pray, that my words ARE inspiring!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita! It IS good to be writing again...I hope it continues; but am not stressing over it. Just trying to let the words sink in and something pop into my head!! Almost done with JOY from Monday. Then, MAKE?! I'll get it...thank you for hosting our 28/29 days of writing!!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you decided to write back in 2014 because that is how I met you. Someday I hope we can meet in real life. Keep sharing your words my friend.

    ReplyDelete