Tuesday, July 27, 2021

A Lemonade Weekend!

 

7/24/21 – It’s been a really busy week…but not doing what I was expecting to be doing.  More like cleaning and laundry and grocery shopping.  Today I am really tired after the last two days, but enjoyed a great Girls’ Day Out at an all-day crop.  I didn’t plan to stay as long as I did, but I did!!  And I enjoyed every minute of it!

7/25/21 - Well, it's Sunday, the last day of my "would-be" vacation.  We are getting ready for church and to enjoy this beautiful sunny day...some how, some way!!!  Seeing my Church Family will certainly bring a sunny outlook!!


Had a great day yesterday with some scrappy friends, but first had a nice LONG drive from home to the church where the retreat was held...instead of crossing the bridge five minutes from home.  (Repairs to the bridge have traffic really a mess over the weekends!).  The long way around is one of my fave drives anyway, so I enjoyed the music, the scenery, and the quietness of my thoughts.  Then, I enjoyed talking, sharing, scrapping (putting pictures on pages), and shopping some of the yard sale stuff!


Still making Lemonade and will continue to do so as long as this journey continues!


(That "No U-Turn" sign is telling me there is "no turning back" on this journey.  Not the one today on that drive to the event, the long way around; and not on the journey of this life!  I continue along the journey with my "shadow" - husband; and our Navigator, Pilot, Mapmaker, Waymaker, and all things needed for this journey!)





And today at Church, because it was July 25th, we had a Christmas tree with red bows, and sang Christmas songs!  Christmas in July!!  "Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh" and sing our favorite Christmas songs in July!!





On the way home from Church, I picked up lunch from Wendy's; and ordered my fave flavor of lemonade - Pineapple Mango!  It was delicious; and I saved some for the next day, too!

More Lemonade!  And much more to come...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment