Tuesday, July 27, 2021

A Different Flavor

 
7/26/21 - So it's Monday again.  The week following my fabulous "non-vacation weekend".  The one that didn't happen...

Thought I would get some laundry done; it's DONE!  Finish a scrapbook layout for my grandson's birthday; it's DONE!  Maybe a little relaxing; it has also been DONE!  Sounds like a typical Monday to me, and it was in many ways.

I decided to make the chicken casserole for dinner tonight that has been on the menu for days now!  I waited to fix it until after my weekend vacation, but had purchased the ingredients before I would have left.  Well, it's a good thing my friend asked me what kind of dressing mix I was using because when I checked it out...

The package says "Sell by 12/10/2020"!  Really?!  Over 7 months ago??

Maybe it's ok; maybe it isn't ok.  but I am not taking any chances!  There IS a reason for putting those dates on packages!

So we drove up to the corner Walgreen's to see if we could find a package of dressing, but they didn't have any.  I was not up for a longer drive in traffic at the late hour it was, so planned to go out earlier tomorrow.  But, this time I am not making Lemonade; instead, I am...



Making Fudge Brownies!!  And we will enjoy them after dinner with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Still looking for the fun and joy in the detours of this journey!!  (A dish of ice cream atop a nice warm Fudge Brownie instead of Lemonade is kind of like a "detour, isn't it?!)







No comments:

Post a Comment