Friday, February 9, 2018

Simple Woman's Daybook - February 5, 2018







FOR TODAY
February 5, 2018


Looking Out My Window:
The sun is shining; though it's a bit breezy.  Currently it is 65 degrees, just after 2:00 pm.  Not really cold, just a bit chilly in the shade.

I Am Thinking:
There is so much yet to learn about this caregiving journey!  So much information to be found online and in my email and Facebook posts...

Yet, I still don't think I know what I need to know to take this journey!  I am so not prepared for it.

Still learning...

I Am Thankful:
Though I am thankful to God and my family and friends for being there for me, I lift up one special friend - one whom I have yet to meet!

She is going through problems of her own, yet she still finds the right words to share with me when needed; words that help me remember just what is behind the behavior and issues I have with my husband.

Thank you, My Friend; My Sister!


One of My Favorite Things:
I think I have said it before; but one of the things I love about being retired is being able to make plans ahead of time...

Or at the last minute!

Though not the "last minute", I made plans yesterday to meet a former co-worker and friend for dinner this week.  And, I'll be using a gift card I won!  So, win win!!

I Am Creating:
Yes!!  I am creating!!  After getting part of the craft room cleared and cleaned, including my craft table, I have actually been creating!

I have been wanting to make layouts for Kelly's Wish Scrapbook Team and can now leave a project on the table and work on it little by little.

Actually, it doesn't take much time to put together a layout, once I get it laid out on the table...

On the table!!  I love the sound of that!!

Here is one I have completed:



A second one is in the process of being completed.




I Am Wearing:
A pair of jeans and my red Puppy Crop t-shirt; and purple socks on my feet!





I Am Reading:

 "Seize the Day" by Joyce Meyer; also have started reading "The Bridge" by Karen Kingsbury; and before publishing this week's Simple Woman post, I actually finished reading "The Bridge".  And started reading a short story at the back, called "The Beginning."

And...since it's Friday morning and I haven't even finished my post...

I finished the short story and started reading "Beneath a Southern Sky" by Deborah Raney, another Christian fiction writer I love to read.

Yes, I am a "chain reader"!!

I Am Watching:
Had to add this one!!

I am watching "This Is Us"!  It is such a great show.  A real family drama show!!

True to life!

I am not really into those horror-type shows or raw comedy or the hospital/emergency/war/crime shows.  But, this one!  Yes, I love to watch it...

Even though I need a tissue for every episode!

Perhaps I need the tears?!

I Am Hoping:
At this point (Wednesday afternoon, when I am supposed to meet my friend for dinner), I am hoping my stomach settles down!

It's been acting up today...I sure don't want to cancel tonight!  But am certain it will settle before this evening.

And, it did!  And we had a wonderful dinner and time of catching up on each other's lives...

I Am Learning:
Well, it's hard to say that I am learning anything; when everything still seems so unexpected.  I have read quite a lot of information on dementia.  I have read a lot on Alzheimer's disease.

What have I learned?  This journey may last another many many years!  I don't think I am prepared for this!

And with all of the reading, it really isn't preparing me any more for the journey.

There are so many things to learn; so many things that could happen.  And, no I am not prepared for them at all!

In My Kitchen:
Dishes in the dishwasher; and leftovers for dinner.  Swept the floor and now need to bring out the mop...

Board Room:
Most of the time I use Pinterest for finding quotes and images to use in my writing.  Sometimes I use it to find examples and ideas for my crafting.

I also have a few "Boards" on my Pinterest site where I pin some of my blog posts.  Here is the link to my Pinterest site:  

Post Script:
I would also like to share this Facebook site where I find a lot of my quotes.  I first "met" this author when I wrote my very first "Write 31 Days" series in 2014.

Check out Caitlyn's  Facebook page.

Shared Quote:
And here is today's quote I "borrowed" from Caitlyn's page!


Image may contain: cloud, sky, text, outdoor and nature

A Moment From My Day:
There are many moments in my day that I cherish.  There are some I wish to forget!

The days I love are those when it is quiet and I can actually hear the outside sounds.  Many are those of traffic or the distant train.  Sometimes I hear the birds singing in the trees outside my window.

Occasionally I hear the call of children playing; or the alarm of a car going off in the lot behind our apartment.

All of these sounds blend together in the distance as I focus on life inside my little apartment.  It's not always quiet.  It's not always happy.  It's not always clean and welcoming...

But, it's where I spend most of my days, along with my husband and the cat.

It's home!  And, home is where my heart is!



~~~~~~~


My posts for the Simple Woman's Daybook continues to be a place for sharing the life of this simple woman!


I am just a "simple woman", biding my time in this simple abode, until I can meet my Lord and Savior in my Heavenly home above.


I hope you will join me again next week for another "chapter" in the life of this simple woman.



6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out Barbara!!! I enjoy reading your posts & thank God that we met through our writing. Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU too! I love seeing all the quotes and images...many days it's just what I needed to see! Appreciate your reading and commenting; the comments really encourage me to keep trying. The words don't always come, and when they do, I'm not always able to get to the computer...but I keep on waiting for the inspiration so I can share!

      Delete
  2. My heart goes out to you as you're dealing with caregiving issues related to Alzheimer's Disease. My dad had Alzheimer's, and it certainly was a journey for him and all of us. I'm sure you're heard it before, yet I'll mention it here: please remember to take care of yourself. It is so easy to get caught up in the caregiving of a loved one, that one's own health can be negatively affected. Crafting and having some sort of creative outlet was critical to being able to face the myriad of challenges that presented themselves. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words of encouragement! Yes, crafting and other outlets, including family and friends, are a very big help! At this point, it could be worse...but while "in" a situation, I hate to think what "worse" looks like!

      Appreciate your reading and commenting...happy crafting and blogging!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Barbara,
    I am stopping by from the Simple Woman's Daybook link up. "The days I love are those when it is quiet" and "home is where my heart is" - these quotes describe me, too. :)
    I am sorry to hear about your husband's Alzheimer's. But I am sure he is getting the best of care from his dear wife. :) May the Lord richly reward your efforts. I am praying for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa, for your words of encouragement. I love it when quotes say exactly what I am trying to say!!

      Appreciate your reading and commenting. The encouragement from others is so very helpful. And, especially the prayers.

      Delete