Monday, December 4, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook - December 4, 2017



The Simple Woman


November has come and gone!  In a flash, we are into December...

Already!

The holidays really are right around the corner; and quickly approaching.

I am looking forward to the holidays and all of the good times they bring, with family and friends.  And, I have already written out my "Holiday Bucket List" for 2017.  It doesn't look as if I will get many of them done this year, unless I get busy soon!

But, it was fun checking off the things I did last year; so I am working on it again.  Some of the items are repeated; because they are traditions or I just want to do it again!

Perhaps I will share it?!  Actually, I did share last years.  Check it out here.

And check out this week's Simple Woman's Daybook:



FOR TODAY
December 4, 2017


Looking Out My Window:
The weather outside is "delightful"!  Currently it is 67 degrees, with a high of 75.

The sun is shining; perhaps a slight breeze...

But I am inside trying to recover from a great, unexpected weekend at a retreat I had not planned to attend!  I love those unexpected events!


I Am Thinking
How blessed I am!  In so many ways!

This past weekend I attended a Scrapbook Retreat...one I had not expected to attend.  After all, it's almost Christmas!!

But, a friend contacted me on Friday evening and had a spot she had paid for but the other person was unable to attend.  She offered it to me, no charge; and to stay in the room with she and her sister.

Needless to say, I had an awesome time!  My friends were all glad to see me...and I was glad to be there!

And, of course, I was able to get a lot done!



I Am Thankful:
For my friends...

Especially that one special one that made this past weekend happen for me!  It was wonderful...

And, I met Teddy...


The Renaissance Resort at
World Golf Village
Me and Teddy

Yes, that is a very comfy teddy bear!!  Located in the lobby of the hotel, he was just sitting there waiting for someone to cuddly.

Actually, when we were ready to take photos, we had to ask about him.  They had put him away for a while because a bunch of kids were getting a little too rough with him!  Teddy needed a rest!


One of My Favorite Things:
Crafting is so much fun!  I enjoy taking pieces of paper and other things and making something with it.

But, crafting with friends is even more fun!  And one of my favorite things is attending scrapbooking events, including weekend retreats...

Need I say more?


I Am Creating:
Since I was at the retreat this past weekend, I was able to get a lot of things finished that had been waiting for such an occasion!

Check out what I finished during the two days:
Calendar
(Make n Take)


Card Challenge


Die Cut Swap


Name Tag Challenge



Paris Theme Crop
Layout


Retreat Layout
(My Way)


St. Patrick's Day
Layout


I Am Wearing:
A pair of jeans with a blue Southern Couture t-shirt with colorful turtles on the back.  And, a pair of socks.


I Am Reading:


I have finished reading "Blessings" by Anna Quindlan and "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks.  I also read and finished "You Belong to Me" by Mary Higgins Clark.

Now, I am reading "Trading Places" by Fern Michaels.


It seems as if I have been reading a lot; and I have.  But, the truth is...


It's been a long time since I have written a Simple Woman's Daybook post!!



I Am Hoping:
What am I hoping today?!  Well, today I am hoping that I can get my scrapbooking stuff put away...

So, I can start putting new projects together for retreats in January and February!


I Am Learning:
That "joy" and "hope" surely must go together!

During a recent Sunday School lesson, we read this verse in Romans 12:12:  "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

I knew, in pondering these words, that there was a definite connection!  Perhaps I can write more on Word Wednesday?!


In My Kitchen: 
Clean for the day!  One load of laundry in the washer; probably waiting for me to put it into the dryer!

I have also put some chicken out for dinner.  Not sure what I'll do with it...maybe put it in the crock pot, if it's thawed enough.



Shared Quote:



A Moment From My Day:
During this weekend's retreat, I stopped by to chat with one of my friends.  She shared something with me that she had found online; and I am sharing it for my "Shared Quote" this week.

My friend's husband has Parkinson's disease.  She is dealing with some of the same things that I am, as we each watch our loved one decline...

Prayers for my friend, and all those others who are caregivers to loved ones.  It is not easy watching a loved one as they decline in age and health.

~~~~~~~



So ends another post for the Simple Woman's Daybook!  Another post; another week passing...

Join me again for another "chapter" in the life of this simple woman!



2 comments:

  1. I like these. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan!! It's been quite busy around here and I haven't been on the blog for a while!! Thank you for reading and commenting...I keep trying to write, but it doesn't come every day!! Little by little...

      Delete