Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook - December 11, 2017




The Simple Woman



FOR TODAY
December 11, 2017


Looking Out My Window:
It may have been in the mid 30's this morning; but by the time we left for our monthly breakfast, it was a bit warmer.  And a beautiful sunny day!!


I Am Thinking
'Tis the season...

For spending!

For over spending!

For making due with what I can do...

It's not the gift or the price that was paid for it; it's the thought that counts!  Right?!

That's what I think!  And, since funds are limited, I will be thinking more about the gift that keeps on giving...

Memories!

And sharing with family and friends!



I Am Thankful:
For all of the blessings that God has bestowed upon me and my family; blessings given through others that are known and unknown to me!  Blessings that fill my days with joy...

Thank you, God, for all these blessings; and for all those who share their resources.  Bless those who bless others!  And, help me to be a blessing to others as well. 


One of My Favorite Things:
I love the holidays, and all of the wonderful things that I can do with my family and friends.

But, I also know that I can enjoy my family and friends throughout the year; I don't have to wait for the holidays or a special time!

My favorite things are not things; but the people that are in my life; the memories that we make together!


I Am Creating:
Crafting time has slowed a bit now that the holidays and all those events are here.

{And now that all of those swaps have been completed!}

I did join a few friends last Friday before our die cut swap and created a layout...


Naughty or Nice layout
Created by B. London


Naughty or Nice title
Created by B. London
(Make 'n Take at Girls' Day Out crop)

The colors of this layout are not traditional to the Christmas colors of red and green!  But, it's still a cute layout to use for "Naughty or Nice"...I'll find the right photos!


I Am Wearing:
A pair of jeans capri's with a white long-sleeved shirt with Christmas trees!  A pair of white socks and a pair of black slippers...

Quite a combination; but it's comfy!


I Am Reading:


I finished reading "Trading Places" by Fern Michaels and a few days later started reading "The Brethren" by John Grisham...


I Am Hoping:
For a good outcome at my husband's visit with the neurologist tomorrow...

I am not sure what I expect the outcome to be; but I know it's the step that needs to be taken at this time.


I Am Learning:
Mostly, I am learning that I need to step back and take things one day at a time.  Not to try to rush ahead and figure out what "may" happen!

I am learning that every day will not be the same as the day before or even the weeks before.  Each day brings its own set of worries or concerns; and it doesn't help me or anyone else to be worrying or concerned over things yet to be...

So, taking things one day at a time!


In My Kitchen: 
Since we left so early for our monthly breakfast, I didn't get the dishes in the dishwasher running before we left!

So, after we eat - leftovers! - I'll run a full load!


Shared Quote:

Image may contain: text


A Moment From My Day:
Every day brings its own little moments; little memories and things that make my every day a bit brighter.

Though there are moments when things don't look quite as bright as other days, it's the moments that do make my days brighter that I want to treasure and remember!


~~~~~~~


So ends another post for the Simple Woman's Daybook!  Another post; another week passing...

Join me again for another "chapter" in the life of this simple woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment