Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook - October 16 and 23, 2017







FOR TODAY
October 16 and 23, 2017

This will be another one of those times I am writing for two different weeks in one post...

Sometimes our lives are very flexible and we can do things at the last minute.  And, sometimes life hands us the unexpected and the flexibility means we can help others by being available.

That is what last week turned into; and I'll share within the prompts of The Simple Woman's Daybook from last week and this week!


Looking Out My Window:
"Oh, what a beautiful morning,
Oh, what a beautiful day..."

The sun was shining brightly; a few clouds in the sky, but no rain predicted until later in the evening.

The temps were predicted to be in the high 80's; but the early morning breeze had me deciding to wear a pair of jeans and a light shirt...

Not a good idea for a trip to the zoo!!!

But, it was fun; hot, but fun!

And then, with Tuesday came the "horrible news"; one of my son-in-laws best friend's daughter passed away from heart failure.  She battled this all her life and at the young age of 22 years old, passed from this life into the arms of her beloved Jesus.

And then it wasn't such a "beautiful morning" any longer.

And it carried on into the next week because just yesterday I learned a good scrapbooking friend died Monday morning of a massive heart attack!  Needless to say, her family and all of her crafty friends are devastated!

And...life goes on?!  But, how?


I Am Thinking:
That every day brings its own different challenges!

That no matter how hard I try to "plan" for anything that may be presented to me...

Every day brings its own different challenges; and most of them are not even predictable!

Well, that is how it goes...



I Am Thankful:
For my daughters, and their mothering skills!  For the beautiful grandchildren they are raising for me to love!!

I pray God gives them the strength and wisdom to continue bringing them up in His Word and His ways.


One of My Favorite Things:
Retirement; and last minute plans!

Nothing was definite when I left my daughter's house on Saturday afternoon.  But, I received a text later in the evening, or maybe the next day;

And, we made plans to meet early Monday and take the kids to the zoo...

And then with the news that Tuesday brought, my plans for the week also changed.

I made plans to stay at the home of my other daughter with my 9 year old grandson so she and her husband could drive with other friends to Arkansas to attend the funeral of their friend's daughter.


I Am Creating:
What did I create?

Well, this weekend I attended a Halloween theme crop.  I attempted the make 'n take, a little beaded sugar skull; but messed up with the heat and over melting them together.  Into the trash that went!!

I used some of my own papers and stuff to create the two-page layout for the crop, making it "my own".

And, I finished an Autumn tag, with the "leaf girl" I had made.



And with the change of plans, I was still able to "play" with my grandchildren.  We met at my younger daughter's house where we had a craft day on Saturday...


Lots of fun painting pumpkins and rock!



I Am Wearing:
Pink with black polka dotted pj bottoms; and a coral shirt; socks and slippers on my feet.

Time for a shower and clean pj's!!


I Am Reading:
I am reading the book I mentioned last week, "Splashes of Joy in the Cesspools of Life" by Barbara Johnson...

This book is a little "dated" for me, and I have lost interest in some of it.  But, I am getting enough "splashes of joy" to help with my writing!

I am also reading through Susan Shipe's book from one of her 31 day series, "31 Days of Hope"...

Reading for inspiration for more writing!

And, today the book I won from Peggy (the Simple Woman!)..."Gracelaced" by Ruth.  I will begin reading that soon...


I Am Hoping:

Hoping?  Or, just wishing?

Sometimes I wonder what the difference is...

"I hope it's cooler but sunny tomorrow"; or should that be, "I wish it would be cooler but sunny tomorrow"?

Well, whichever it should be...

I really do hope it is cooler but sunny!!


I Am Learning:
Still learning!

And, still leaning!

And found these words on Facebook today from Susie Larson's Morning Blessing:  "...Lean in and learn everything you can from the one who loves you deeply and intends to use you greatly!"

I am learning to lean; and leaning to learn!!  And He is there loving me through it all!


In My Kitchen: 
Tonight we had pot pies for dinner.  Later, while watching TV, I'll fix some popcorn!

It's a soup kind of night for me; I've been sick and coughing like a bad woman!  So, I wanted soup...

A nice pot of potato soup is on the menu, topped with shredded cheese.


Shared Quote:
And still...

There is a Promise of Hope:



A Moment From My Day:
Lately my days have been flipped, and busy and full!

My best moment over the past couple of weeks has been spending the extra special times with my grandkids.

Those are the best times!
~~~~~~~



So ends my post for the Simple Woman's Daybook that shares my past two weeks of ups and downs.

Life continues, though sometimes needs to be flexible.  I thank God my life is flexible and I can be available when and where needed.

Thank you for sharing your time with me!  I pray as you read through these simple words, you may find hope and joy and grace and inspiration to carry you through your life's journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment