Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook - October 9, 2017








FOR TODAY
October 9, 2017



Looking Out My Window:
It's Tuesday afternoon!  The day just seemed to pass in a flurry of...chores!!

But, here I am trying to get some computer work done...

It's in the mid 80's right now, with a high predicted of 88 degrees!  I am sooooo ready for some really cooler weather; not just a few teaser days!


I Am Thinking:
About the fires in California...

About the hurricane damage in Puerto Rico and Houston and south Florida and my home town, too...

About the tornadoes wherever...

About the earthquake wherever...

About the shootings in Las Vegas and too many other places...

About the way things are in this world.

Our only HOPE is God...

Please be with us, Dear God.  We need YOU!  You are our only hope!!



I Am Thankful:
For my family...

For my friends...

For my Church...

For my cat {really!  She is comfort when I need the cuddles!}

For a place to live; a roof over our heads...

For enough income to take care of our needs...

For hobbies and things that keep my mind active...

For a fairly good health of mine and my husbands...

For a God who strengthens us when we are needing the strength when life gives us the hard things.

Thank you, God!


One of My Favorite Things:
Connecting with others around the US and other countries through our crafting and blogging...

Some have become very close friends; and we keep in touch almost daily!


I Am Creating:
I have been doing more crafting at home lately; but spent some time at Our Crafting Place last Saturday.

I finished a couple of memory dex cards; but not the ones I intended to work on...


No automatic alt text available.When I gathered my bags to take up to OCP, I didn't take the one with the cards I needed to finish for the monthly swaps.

But, at least I had some things to work on!  And, I did finish the others on Sunday afternoon.



I Am Wearing:
A pair of gray shorts and a purple shirt...my "cleaning" gear; and a pair of green and red socks!  I don't like walking around barefoot and have started wearing these thick, colorful socks...


I Am Reading:
Just finished reading (this morning) the third book of the Georgia Trilogy by Eugenia Price,"Beauty from Ashes".

Not sure what I will read next; waiting for that book I mentioned last week - "Gracelaced" - that I won from Peggy, the original "Simple Woman"!

Also, I have another book by Barbara Johnson I picked up at church yesterday:



My first thought when I saw the book was, "Mom had a book like that..."

When I opened the book to the front, there was a stamp with mom's name and address!  It was her book that had been donated to the church...either by mom or me after she passed.

I took it as a sign that I needed to read something comical and fun.  With all that's been going on around us, I'd have to agree with that sign!


I Am Hoping:

All the devastation we have been experiencing lately...

I am hoping it slows down a bit so we can catch up with our - hope and faith!

Perhaps taking a little bit of a breath once in a while will help us to find our hope and faith again?!

Because, we do know in whose hands our lives are held; and that is where we find our hope and faith!


I Am Learning:
To be calm when the situation calls for me to be calm, rather than being defensive or stressed out.

To take another breath - or two - before I speak or reply to whatever has been said.

I am learning...

That I will always be learning because this disease doesn't come with a how-to manual!

So, I am leaning learning...

{I accidentally typed "leaning" by mistake; perhaps I do need to learn to lean!!  So, I kept that word in the test!}


In My Kitchen: 
Today being "chore day", the kitchen is clean; dishwasher cleaned out and re-loaded, floor swept and mopped, and dinner is thawing out.

Later I will make bbq pork chops and something to go with it, and Texas toast...a fave of my hubby's.

{Yes, I cooked bbq pork chops, mixed veggies, smoky scalloped potatoes and Texas toast.  A very good dinner if I say so...

And, since I am the only one to eat it, I do say so!!

Because he had eaten too much in the afternoon, and too close to dinner, my husband wasn't hungry!  Well, I was!!

And, I held my tongue and just continued to eat til I was full!}


Shared Quote:
Today I am sharing a You Tube video of a song I recently heard on a Christian radio station, "Til the Blue" sang by Steven Curtis Chapman.

This song was written after the devastation of Hurricane Harvey in Houston.  It was performed and recorded live at the East Arkansas Fine Arts Center in Forrest city, AR.

These words touched my heart the first time I heard them; and with so much happening in our country and abroad, I pray they touch yours as well...



A Moment From My Day:
An outing with my husband can go from Zero to Sixty in no time!


Actually, it can go from a #0 in stress level to a #5,469...

That's just an exaggerated made-up number to share how a seemingly great day can change into a not-so-great day, without any warning!

And that is just what happened today...

Then, it changes back again to a normal, good day.

That's my day(s); almost every day!

I am learning to deal with it and just go with the flow...

~~~~~~~



So ends this week's post for the Simple Woman's Daybook.

I pray you find hope and faith and some sort of inspiration through the words of this "simple woman".

Thank you for sharing your time me!


  

2 comments:

  1. Loved my visit to your blog, especially your Moma memory. I will be back again to vist. You seem like someone that I could be friends with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat! That is such a sweet thing to say!! I hope you DO come back to visit!! I really love writing for the Simple Woman's Daybook prompts...a look into MY day. I don't always get over to read others' blogs, but really need to do that!!

      Appreciate your reading this post and commenting. Hope you will browse some of my other posts as well!

      Delete