Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook - November 6, 2017






FOR TODAY
November 6, 2017


The last week of October, with its cooler days and new pops of color!  The first week of November, with holidays and birthdays and a time for Thanksgiving...

Just the beginning of the wonderful holidays and all that comes with it!

And I am looking forward to all of those holidays!


Looking Out My Window:
Last week we had a few days of cooler weather: days beginning with temps in the 40's and moving towards warmer by noon; temps like the 70's...

Which I can totally handle!

It has warmed up again; as usual...

Hopefully more cool weather is around the corner!


I Am Thinking:
About all of the violence in this country; and abroad!  What is this world coming to?

The only thing we can hope for at this point...

That God will take it in His hands and make something good out of it all.

What good can come from this?  I don't know!  But, with God, all things are possible.



I Am Thankful:
For my loving family and friends!  I pray they know how much they mean to me; you never know when the time will come that they are no longer in our lives...

It was just two weeks ago that I heard of the death of a friend and fellow scrapper...

At age 48, she died of a massive heart attack.  I cannot forget that, and the friendship we had.


One of My Favorite Things:
Family gatherings!

Whether we get together to go someplace - like when we go to the zoo or a park with the grandkids;

Or we get together to celebrate a birthday - like the 18th birthday of my oldest grandson!

I love getting together with the family!  And with the holidays, there will be many more opportunities to do that!


I Am Creating:
Well, I have been sick for nearly three weeks!  The most creating I did was at the retreat a week ago...

And, most of that was helping to put together die cuts for swaps and for the live auction at the puppy crop.

But, I will be back creating again  this weekend...


I Am Wearing:
A pair of gray shorts and a blue t-shirt with turtles on the back...

And a pair of pink and white socks!


I Am Reading:


A small book I picked up the other day when I was needing something to read; "Blessings" by Anna Quindlan...

I think I bought it at the Dollar Tree!  Cheap, but sometimes I find one that sounds really good and add it to my stash of "to read" books.


I Am Hoping:

There's that word again!

Hope

I am hoping that the holidays last longer than the "fly by" days that we've been having lately!

I want to treasure every day and every hour of the holidays.


I Am Learning:
Perhaps the key to keeping the peace at home is to be at home more often!

Though I don't plan to stay home every day and every hour of those days, at least to be home more often.

Or, plan a few outings that he and I can enjoy together.

Perhaps that is the key!


In My Kitchen: 
Dishes have been put into the dishwasher.

Clothes washing will wait another day or two except for the sheets.

Dinner is leftover pulled pork, green beans and baked beans, cole slaw and potato salad...

Leftovers from the weekend family get together at Cathy's house!


Shared Quote:
As usually happens when I am looking for a quote, I can find one on my friend Caitlyn's Facebook page; but it's usually "front and center" when I open up my Facebook page!


"Tears mean it mattered..."

Yes, that is where I am today after learning of the deceit of a so-called friend.  I pray for her to realize what she is doing, not only in pushing people away from her, but what she is doing to herself...

But, it hurts!


A Moment From My Day:
Hugs and kisses and more hugs from the grandkids!

I will always love those times!

~~~~~~~



And another post for the Simple Woman's Daybook has been written!

Join me again for another "chapter" in the life of this simple woman!



6 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading people's daybook entries. Lets us get to know others and get a glimpse into their lives. you echoed some of my own thoughts on the country and the state of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and commenting on my daybook, Annie! I think as you do that this lets us get a glimpse into the lives of those others we read and follow...I'll make sure to read yours in a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh yes! That word...HOPE!! Thanks for reading, Susan! I always appreciate your input and encouragement!!

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed your daybook! Thanks for sharing. Keep the faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I'm new to your blog and enjoyed my visit. I love family gatherings too, it's one of the special things about the holidays.

    ReplyDelete